Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Februrary, 21

OK, by request just one topic on today's edition of Sports With Isiah.

Julius Peppers, and the Carolina Panthers. As a die-hard fan of the Panthers, I was in shock when I found out he wanted out of Carolina. I completely agree with the decision to slap the franchise tag on the franchises all-time sacks leader, with 70.5 in his career. They couldn't afford to lose the emotional and physical leader of a defense that went from ranking near the top in total defense to one that ranked near the lower third of the league in total defense in 2008. Also i don't completely understand the standpoint of Julius Peppers int the matter. I do understand maybe wanting to go to a team that won't choke in the playoffs, but his reason is he wants out of the 4-3 the Panthers run to a 3-4. Why try and fix what isn't broken? If the system got you a career high 14.5 sacks and a trip to Hawaii, your only risking losing those numbers in a different style defense. And why anyone would want to go TO Dallas right now is beyond me. But overall i think (and hope) this will work out for both sides, with the Panthers keeping a great player, and Julius Peppers realizing he is in a great system, organization, and city.

Thanks for reading, and keep commenting and telling everyone about me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it works out for both sides as well. I am also a huge Panther fan and Peppers fan. He belongs in Carolina.

    ReplyDelete